Convertible Top Repair
Convertible tops can last a long time with proper installation and maintenance. We can inspect your top to make sure it’s installed correctly and is in good condition. We will look for wear spots and fix them up for you. Getting your convertible top repaired will add many years to its life. This will save you a lot of money in the long run. If you would prefer to have a new top, check out our Convertible Top Replacement guide.
We offer the following services:
- We check for problems and repair accordingly. We can repair small cuts, fraying areas, and wear spots. Sometimes a small adjustment or repair can significantly increase the top’s lifespan.
- We perform regular maintenance and work on top systems by replacing the parts that wear out. Some examples of items we often need to replace are the stay pads and tension-strap system. We also perform maintenance or replace top frame parts that fail. For instance, if your convertible top might need a new motor if it isn’t working as it should.
- Many of the tops we work on are two-piece tops. Sometimes only one part needs replaced, depending on the extent of the damage. For example, if the curtain window or window itself is the only thing damaged, then it’s unnecessary to replace the entire top. Another example is the “bubble” look that results from loose listings. We can tighten those up for you, or replace them if needed. We will determine the extent of the damage and replace only what needs to be replaced.
- If your tops have been slashed by vandals, and you can’t afford to replace it, we will take a look at it for you. We might be able to patch it to make the slash look invisible. There isn’t such thing as a top repair kit, so you’ll need a custom repair. We will be able to fix up the slashed top to make it waterproof again.
- We fix sun damaged stitching. Sebring, Saab, and Mustang tops tend to have this problem. The stitching that is used to hold the side cables, bindings, and listings in place can be burned. If it’s burned, then your top is damaged and needs to be fixed up. If the damage isn’t all that bad, we might just need to replace the stitching.
- The headliners can come loose as well. This seems to be the case with Convertible BMW’s, Mercedes, and Audi tops, as their headliners are designed with a string system to allow movement. Sometimes a loose headliner simply requires a string replacement.
These are just some of the many services we offer. Now, our services don’t stop with convertible top repairs. We are a full service auto shop.